Our Policy on Personal Information Protection
On the Research on Economy and Disability (READ) website, personal information is handled based on the following policies:
- We will handle personal information appropriately based on laws on personal information protection (private information protection law) and other laws and ordinances.
- Regarding the provision of personal information, we will publicly announce it by identifying the purposes of use, which are strictly observed.
- We will take necessary measures to prevent and correct fraudulent access to and leakage, loss, or falsification of personal information.
Purposes of Use
We will not use personal information on this website without obtaining the prior consent beyond the extent necessary to:
- Communicate in replying to your inquiry.
- Communicate in notifying you of update information, etc., about this website.
- Improve website contents.
For the above purposes, personal information may be supplied within the necessary scope to a contracted vendor (approved TLO, etc.) with whom a confidentiality agreement exists. Inquiries about the above posted information may be transferred as required to related University of Tokyo divisions.
Disclosure, Notification, Correction, Deletion, Suspension of Use, Erasure, etc.
If correction, addition, or deletion is requested regarding personal information on this website because the personal information is not correct, it is first confirmed that the request has been made by the person the personal information belongs to. Corrections, etc., are then made within a reasonable time and scope based on the request and reported to that person. For a request for suspension of use or erasure of personal information related to unintended use or fraudulent provision to a third party of the personal information, it is first confirmed that the request has been made by the person the personal information belongs to and, based on necessary research, suspension of use, etc., is implemented within a reasonable time and scope, and reported to that person.